Rhonda Eastin migrated from the Lakeview Computer Lab to the Library in 2011, where she encourages a love of reading and an enthusiasm for learning. Reading has been one of her lifelong passions, and she enjoys fostering this same love and excitement in her students. Mrs. Eastin earned an Associate’s Degree in Music Education at Eastern Arizona College, and plans to return to school when she figures out what she wants to be when she grows up. In what little free time she has, she enjoys reading, collecting books, exploring the Phoenix area on the back of a bicycle, and playing with her family’s two puppies.
During the school year, our regular hours
7:00 - 10:30 a.m. and
11:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The library is closed during school holidays.
Our Library's Purpose
The purpose of the Lakeview Elementary School Library is to support our students' education as lifelong learners and readers by putting resources in the hands of students and the school community, encouraging students to read, teaching students the skills necessary to evaluate information and encouraging student responsibility.
Guidelines and Expectations
The Library is a shared space. Students are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful and considerate manner by:
· Speaking in quiet voices
· Using the Library resources in a respectful and purposeful manner
Library classes meet once every six days.
· K- 1st grade may check out one book each six-day cycle.
· 2nd-6th grade may check out two books each six-day cycle.
· Staff members have unlimited circulation and access to the Teacher Resource and Professional Sections of the Library.
· Parents may stop by the Library to get a parent library card. This allows them to check out up to four books at a time.
The Library also has a selection of bilingual-Spanish/English books and books in Spanish.